Driving down the road, I got a feeling…














Driving to office today, I was reminded of the John Denver song:

Country roads, take me home… To the place I belong


Chennai roads were deserted for most. And this at 11 in the morning. Hats off to the Chennai Police for doing a marvelous job. There were check points at several places and if you were zooming around for fun, chances were you would be caught. Lessons other cities and towns in India could take.


As I drove down Kotturpuram and on to the IT Expressway, I was reminded of Denver again:


Life is old there, older than the trees… Younger than the mountains, growing like a breeze
Driving down the road, I get a feeling… That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday


So, here was what (pictures from top):

- Mount Road closing in on Nandanam signal
- Chamier’s Road
- Kotturpuram Bridge
- Kotturpuram through till IIT Madras
- Barricades every 500 metres or so
- Swinging right from Madhya Kailash on IT Expressway
- The Expressway
- After I take a U-turn on to my office
- Entry to our campus
- Approaching the Press Institute of India
- On the way back, Kathipara flyover as empty as I have ever seen



Comments

Popular Posts